Collaborated with aviation partner to achieve the nation’s first FAA approved “incapacitated pilot procedures” for medical flight crew (2020).
- Formally recognized as a CAMTS “Best Practice” (2020)
o Community Interface, Drone / UAV Safety with HEMS
o Crew Wellness, Work / Rest Hours Program Management.
- Led initiatives to increase employee morale incrementally each year; 33% (2012) → 42% (2013) → 46% (2014) → 67% (2015), as validated through Advisory Board national survey (75th percentile of national groups).
- Transitioned to new survey tool in 2016 and achieved national “Great Place to Work” survey results of 96% (2016). Top 100 Companies survey’d = 91%.
- Transitioned to Press Ganey’s SMD predictive analytics tool in 2017, achieving an increase in employee engagement and management each year; highest scores noted most recently in 2020: 4.32 / 5 (engagement) and 4.27 / 5 (management), both areas noted as > 0.3 higher as compared to industry scores.
- AAMS “Flight Program of the Year” (2018)
- Directed initiative to reduce ALS and BLS ground personnel orientation cycle-time, leading to an expense reduction of $55,000 (2015).
- Established annual Life-Guard “Rotor Run” 5K fundraiser for JCHS paramedic and nursing student scholarships (2015 – 2020).
- Successfully led legislative efforts with the Virginia State Medevac Committee to amend VA Code 27-15.1, to expand the fire chief’s authority over the scene, to include unmanned aircraft (2017, as part of the “Land the Drone” campaign).
- Implemented job shadowing program with Haiti Air Ambulance Flight Crew (2017 – 2020).
- Successfully transitioned from hospital-based contract to a hybrid model contract from one aviation vendor to another. Included implementation of a third rotor-wing base, oversight of 2 hangar / crew quarters capital building projects, standardization of airframes, and a base move (2012).
- Co-founded and directed the annual Life-Guard StarPoints conference for EMS and hospital providers each year, growing attendance from approximately 25 attendees in 2004 to > 150 in 2019.